This guide will help you learn golang faster and practice writing go codes effectively, while it contains important topics and tips. Golang is a very easy language to learn, its also a general programming language that can be used to build almost any software. If time, resources, and performance is a major concern for you, then, golang is the program that will deliver on these factors.
- Understand the history of Go.
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of go
- Start with Hello World
- Understanding Package, Import, and Functions
- Loops – For, If, Else, Differ, and Switch
- Variadic Functions
- Regular Expressions
- Time in Go
- Testing Go Code
- Naming convention in Go
- Third Party Package
- net/http – Http servers and clients
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Error Handling
- Panic and Recover
- Reading and Writing Files
- Deploying Go Code to the Server
- Network Programming with Go
- Build an Http Server
- Build a chat server
- Design and Build a Web Scrapper
- Build a Web Application
However, learning these topics will help you understand and learn go better, also constant practice is the key to learning. Learn to build something with what you have learned, because, this is also the best way to solidify what you have learned. Let the list of topic serve as your guide to learning the go programming language.
There are YouTube Videos of talks and tutorials on golang, and also blog posts on solutions to some challenges you may face with Golang. Secondly, check out the resources page for more information and links for learning go.
What Go Programming Language is Good for.
- Web Application – Framework, Desktop, and Server
- Mobile Application
- Statistics and Finance Application
- Machine Learning
- Messaging – Email Clients
- Network Server
- Game Development
- Database Drivers
- Also included, are Scripts – Web Scrappers, Macros, Chat Application, Images & Video Streaming, Audio & Music, Social Media of any Scale, Internet of Things, Natural Language Processing, Bots, and many more,
In addition, the use case scenario for golang also includes creating middleware, authentication, and tokens. There is more to golang than this small list represent, in other words, the aim is to show you the potentials of go.
Resources for Learning Go
If you are new to programming, you will need between 4 – 6 months of constant practice to horn your skills. For instance, 5 hours of practice daily will go a long way in boosting your ability. Read books on Go, they provide clarity. Watch videos on YouTube they are helpful, also read presentation stacks they are awesome.
In conclusion, find the details and links to useful resources available for golang in the resource section above. This contains videos, books, slides, blog posts, tutorials, and code samples, it is also worth checking out, finally, editors recommendation will also be available in the tutorial posts and also the resources page.